Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Aunty M's New Year's Resolutions

SO here we are, 2012!  2011 just flew by.  ALL of the years seem to just fly by.  I can't believe my first baby will be 18 years old this year and my little man will be 3 years old in just a couple days.  INSANE!  This past year made me realize just how much time and money I have wasted on stupid things over my 35 years.  Seeing how much my children have grown over the past couple years really makes me sad.  For a number of reasons.  But one of them is that I feel like I have missed out on so much of their lives by working full time and so far away from home... although there are days on the weekend when I shamefully beg for the peace and quiet of my office. 

I have decided that my New Years Resolutions will consist of the following:
  1. Continue to eat Clean.
  2. Fit exercise in whenever I can, whether that be an actual 45 minute workout or simple doing squats while waiting for water to boil.
  3. Try to be more patient.
  4. Do more fun stuff with my kids. Just hanging out and being goofy.  Finding something that me and my 17 YO can do that does not require a hundred dollars, rolling around on the floor with my little guy...so what if I get covered in dog hair and my hair ends up a mess.
  5. Walk our dogs on a regular basis.  Maybe I can get up early and walk them?  Or perhaps a family walk with the doggies after dinner??
  6. Get my crafting business off the ground by doing the following:
    • Finalizing prices
    • Making business cards for my quilting and distributing 
    • Listing items on Etsy
    • Possibly working a craft fair
    • Managing my time more wisely to maximize production
  7. Encourage Hubby to sell some of his photography.
  8. Get my boy on a better schedule and out of our bed!
  9. Cut back on frivolous spending.
  10. Start organizing local park clean ups again.
  11. Explore more of New England.  We really do live in a cool part of the US but we often stay cooped up in our city.  There is so much to see and lots and lots of history.  One of the things I want to do is the "McIntire" walk in Salem, MA.  I found out a few years ago that Samuel McIntire is my great great great great great grandfather.  He is a legendary architect who built a lot of historic Salem. 
I am sure there are lots more things I resolve to get done in 2012, I will add them as they come to me.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year!  Here's to a fantastic, healthy, happy and prosperous 2012!  Let's all make it the best it can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment