Sunday, December 11, 2011

Golden Beets


GOLDEN BEETS

The first new food I tried this month was golden beets.  I have just recently learned to like red beets over the summer.  I HATED them my whole life.  I guess I just never had them prepared in a way that appealed to me, because once I made them, my way, I became addicted to them.  So I figured I would give golden beets a whirl.  I am SO glad I did!!!!!  Instead of steaming the beets in a foil packet like I normally do, I roasted them.  I peeled and chunked the beets along with two sweet potatoes and an onion.  I tossed with a little bit of EVOO, sea salt and pepper and roasted on a large cookie sheet lined with foil (for easy clean up) at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes.  


I stirred them around once about 20 minutes through.  O-M-G!!!  They were SO damn good!  All of the veggies had a yummy caramelization going on which added some sweetness.  Golden beets don't taste as "beety" or earthy to me.  They are milder and they don't stain your hands or anything else they come in contact with.  I will definitely be making these again, no question!

SO GOOD!  Hubby and I ate the whole entire pan of veggies!











No comments:

Post a Comment