1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 large thick slices of bread or 2 large sub rolls, halved
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 small bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup canned mushrooms
5 slices American cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Heat large skillet and brown ground turkey.
3. Add veggies and cook until lightly softened.
4. In the meantime, place bread (tops up) on a cookie sheet and brush with EVOO. Place in oven and lightly toast bread. It really doesn't matter if the bread browns, you are mainly making the bread a little hard so that it will hold your toppings.
5. Once the veggies are softened, drain and then add mixture back to skillet.
6. Add slices of cheese and seasonings and stir until cheese melts.
7. Top bread with equal parts of the "steak" and cheese mixture and place back in oven for about 10 minutes.
Serving Size 188 g
|Vitamin A 12%||•||Vitamin C 33%|
|Calcium 16%||•||Iron 18%|