Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chicken Soup Recipe

This is my recipe for chicken soup that I make for my family when they are sick.  I add apple cider vinegar to alot of my recipes because it is so good for you.  And I add hot pepper flakes to my bowl, but not in the pot since my little guy doesn't like it "hot".  I like it spicy to burn the germs out.  Also, if you want it thicker like a stew, just add a bag of Stove Top stuffing.  The flavor is delish and it has a heartier consistency.


12 servings

Ingredients:

1 large onion, chopped
6 medium carrots, chopped
4 large celery stalks, chopped
1 large sweet potato, chopped
1/2 head cabbage, chopped
6 cloves garlic, pressed
12 chicken wings
water, enough to cover plus 2 inches
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tea poultry seasoning (like Bell's)
1 tea sea salt
1/2 tea black pepper
1 tea onion powder
1 packet sazon
1 cup brown rice

Add all ingredients except for rice in large stock pot.
Cook over high heat and let boil for about 15 minutes.
Cover and turn down to medium low and let cook for about 35 minutes.
Add rice, cover and cook for about 35 minutes or until the rice is done.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've never been tempted to make my own chicken soup, but this sounds really good. I am intrigued by the idea of adding the Stove Top Stuffing.

    ReplyDelete