Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dudu-Osun Black Soap





Ingredients:
Pure Honey
Shea Butter
Osun (camwood)
Palmkernel Oil
Cocoa Pod Ash
Palm Bunch Ash
Aloe Vera
Lime Juice
Essential Oil Blend
Water

I wanted to give a review on a new soap I have been using. A friend came over for dinner a couple weeks ago. After dinner we were sitting around talking and I mentioned the heat rash that I had on my arms for a couple months. She went out to her car and came back with two bars of Dudu-Osun black soap. She told me that she had acne recently on her face (which I did not believe until she showed me some pics, since her skin was flawless!). She used the soap everyday on her face and in no time at all, her skin was clear. At this point I was willing to try anything, my skin was so dry and itchy and I had scabs from scratching so much. I had tried hydrocortisone, a medicated anti fungal gel that a woman from work let me use, (which did help temporarily), different lotions, no lotion, different soap, aloe vera from my plant, etc.

I used the Dudu-Osun soap that night, and I immediately noticed an improvement. SERIOUSLY! My skin was smoother and softer than it ever had been before. The soap has a clean smell, but nothing perfumey or pretty...just clean. I like that and so does the hubby. It has a nice lather and is great to shave your legs with as well. This soap is going to help with my bathroom clutter since I will not need shaving gel any longer :) I also had Keratosis on the backs of my arms for years. Keratosis is a build up of keratin on your skin, looks like tiny white bumps. Harmless but who wants white pimple looking bumps on the backs of their arms?! I didn't even think about this soap helping that, but as I was admiring my new skin a few days ago, I realized that all the bumps were now gone! This is all in less than two weeks!

I used it on my son as well, who is two and half. I typically buy him those kiddy soaps with the funky fun names and fruity scents. He has his special Spider Man soap, but when you read the ingredients on all of those soaps, they rarely contain a single natural ingredient. This soap is made from 100% natural ingredients. He had no reaction to it and his skin felt even softer than a babies typically does. Once we finish off this bottle of Spiderman body wash, that is it. All natural for him. You can also use the soap as a shampoo and I do on him.

My hubby loves the soap as well. He likes the scent and the way his skin feels. He also uses it to shave his head and his head felt even smoother than usual. So again, this soap is eliminating bathroom clutter left and right! How awesome is that!?

The soap is black-brown in color and I have read other people's reviews where they complain that the soap stains their white wash clothes. Ummmm, bleach much!? Stains on my wash cloth are definitely worth the way my skin has been transformed.

It does melt quickly so we go through a bar a week and it is more expensive than the Lever 2000 that we typically used for years, but so worth it. You can find it in African beauty supply stores for about $3.00-$4.00 a bar, or you can find it much cheaper on Amazon.com. 12 bars for $25.00 and free shipping.

I have read in reviews that this soap has helped people with their acne, eczema, psoriasis, blemishes, stretch marks, preventing razor bumps when used for shaving, liver spots and much more.

I am so glad that my friend introduced me to this soap. We will never use "regular" soap again; bar or liquid. I did order a bottle of liquid Dudu-Osun with Shea Butter so I will give a full review on that as well when I have received it and tried it out.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment