Thursday, October 20, 2011

A few more tips for saving...

I just wanted to drop a quick blog entry - again on savings. Someone shared some tips for saving with me that I thought were awesome and wanted to share with you.

  • Save 50 cents a day for 30 days.  Pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters - whatever.  Keep an envelope, jar, water jug, piggy bank, anything.  Put it someplace that you will be reminded every day/night to deposit your change.  At the end of the 30 days you will have $15.00 saved.  Take the change directly to the bank and deposit it all into your savings account.  Next month, double your daily deposit amount to $1.00 - coins or bills.  Save for 30 days.  ($30.00) Deposit this money into your savings account.  Continue doing this every month increasing your daily amount up to $5.00/day if possible.  DO NOT DIP INTO THIS MONEY!  Take it directly to the bank at the end of the 30 days and deposit.
  • When shopping, use coupons.  Whatever money you save by using coupons, deposit this amount into your savings account.  So whether  you save $4.20 or $42.00  - deposit that amount into your savings.
  • PAY YOURSELF FIRST!  Include your savings in your budget - like a bill.  And put this "bill" at the top of your budget, right above your rent/mortgage and all other expenses.  
I am starting these TODAY!  I will be adding a new ticker under my profile, if you would like to follow along with me on my financial makeover.

Thanks for stopping by and please share any tips or ideas you may have :)

Maleeka

No comments:

Post a Comment