Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Turkey Curry Pot Pie

This was a recipe I kind of whipped up on the fly tonight with leftover turkey from Sunday's dinner.  I am glad I did, because it was DELICIOUS!



Serves 8

Filling:
2 1/2 cups shredded or cubed turkey meat
1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup 2% milk (or any milk, this is just what I had on hand)
1/2 cup fat free half and half (or you could do a whole cup of milk, I'm sure)
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon Bell's poultry seasoning
1 16oz bag frozen veggies of your choice.  I used a California mix with green beans, celery, onion, peppers, water chestnuts and broccoli
1 cup frozen peas or veggie of your choice (Teri ;)

Crust:
2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart
1 cup 2% milk (give or take)

Preheat oven to 350.

Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.

In a large pot, combine all ingredients for the filling except the veggies.  Heat over medium high heat until heated through and lightly bubbling, stirring occasionally.

Add frozen veggies and stir to combine.  Heat veggies through.

In a medium bowl combine Bisquick and milk.  I wish I did, but I didn't measure the milk, I am guesstimating it was approximately 1 cup of milk.  So just go easy on the milk, adding more if needed.  You want the Bisquick mixture to be pretty thick, like you are making dropping biscuits, maybe a little thinner would be fine too.

Pour the filling into the baking dish and top with Bisquick mixture.  I dotted spoonfuls of the Bisquick mixture on top and spread, that way I was able to cover pretty much the whole surface.

Bake in oven for approximately 20-25 minutes.  Just until crust is golden brown.

This came out great!  I think in the future I will enhance the flavor of the filling more by using a can of reduced fat coconut milk in place of the milk.  But there were absolutely no complaints as it was served tonight.  It is a little high in sodium, but overall pretty healthy.  Also, more turkey can definitely be used, we just didn't have any more to add.

I hope you try it and enjoy!  :)

Maleeka



Nutrition Facts



Serving Size 227 g








Amount Per Serving




Calories
262
Calories from Fat
46




% Daily Value*




Total Fat
5.1g
8%




Saturated Fat
1.2g
6%




Trans Fat
0.0g




Cholesterol
36mg
12%




Sodium
525mg
22%




Total Carbohydrates
32.6g
11%




Dietary Fiber
3.6g
14%




Sugars
8.2g




Protein
18.8g








Vitamin A 51%Vitamin C 37%
Calcium 18%Iron 16%




Nutrition Grade A-




* Based on a 2000 calorie diet






No comments:

Post a Comment